Books are my favourite thing to give and receive as gifts. We have a growing library of children’s books, and always have a running list of titles we hope to add our collection – not to mention the mountain of books we borrow each time we go to the local library. For us, cuddling up with a pile of great books is our favourite thing to do.
Here are some of our favourite stories about kindness:
- The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein
- How Full is Your Bucket? For Kids by Mary Reckmeyer and Tom Rath
- The Smartest Giant in Town by Julia Donaldson
- Have you Filled a Bucket Today? by Carol McCloud
- Heartprints by P.K. Hallinan
- Frog and Toad Storybook Treasury by Arnold Lobel
- Peas on Earth by Todd H Doodler
- King Daniel the Kind by Angela Santomero
Many of these books were new to me in the last few years, but The Giving Tree was one that my dad read to me repeatedly as a child, and I love being able to now share it with my daughter.
What are your favourite children’s books?